Omron BP742N 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Omron blood pressure monitors are the recommended brand for an accurate home blood pressure monitoring
- Two users can store and review last 50 readings each (total 100 reading memory with date and time stamps)
- Automatically displays the average of your last 3 readings taken within 10 minutes
- Compares your readings with normal home blood pressure levels while also monitoring for irregular heartbeats.
Out of stock
The 5 Series home blood pressure monitor with Omron”s Advanced Accuracy helps ensure consistent, precise readings. When you trust your heart to Omron, you’ll be empowered by accuracy.
- BP Level bar displays how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels
- Advanced Averaging automatically displays the average of up to the last three readings taken within the last 10 minutes
- Wide-Range D-Ring contoured cuff wraps the arm for a more comfortable measurement, fits standard and large adult arm circumferences from 9 to 17 inches
- Two user mode with 100 memory storage allows two users to track their readings with 50 memory storage for each person with date & time stamp
- Irregular heartbeat detector detects and alerts you of irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Basics
Prepare for a Reading: Avoid eating, drinking alcohol or caffeinated beverages, smoking, exercising or bathing for 30 minutes prior to taking a measurement. It is also best to rest for 15 minutes before starting the measurement. Avoid taking a measurement during stressful times. Take the measurement in a quiet place.
Best Time for a Reading: Try to take readings at the same general times each day (for example, once in the morning and once at night) for comparison purposes.
Take Your Position: Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Rest your arm on a table with your palm facing upward. The cuff should be level with your heart. Do not talk or move during the measurement.
Taking a Reading: Take two or three readings, a minute or so apart. Work out the average.
Store and Review: Store and review your readings. Many Omron blood pressure monitors can store results for later review at the push of a button, so you can share the results with your doctor.